Taking a Financial Health Check is more than just checking how much money is in your current account. It's even more than just ensuring you have a bit of money stashed away for a rainy day, and the unseen and unplanned events.
At HTH Accountants we believe that the financial wellbeing of our clients does not just depend on the financial reports we prepare for them on a monthly and annual basis.
We have developed a checklist for you to down load and check that you are financially healthy.
- Have you thought about the future and what it might look like?
- Do you have dependants?
- Do you have debt, other than your mortgage that is costing you hard earned money to sustain?
- Have you made provisions for your pension?
- Do you own your own home?
- Are you getting your income to work for you?
- Are you paying more tax than you should?
- Do you have savings for a rainy day?
- How is your credit rating?
- What are your sources of credit if you had an emergency?
- Do you have investments?
- How secure are they?
- How quickly could you liquidise your investments and savings?
- Have you made financial goals?
- Do you have a budget?
- Do you stick to it?
If you would like to discuss any of these areas with us, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email.
Your Self-Employed Financial Health Check
Working for yourself, as a sole trader can be very stressful, especially when planning for your financial future.
HTH Accountants have over 15 years’ experience working with small independent traders and we want to share it with you.
Being a sole trader or even being the sole director of a limited company brings huge financial and decision-making pressures.
Financial exposure for operating costs, legal exposure, investment of time and resources can be huge and sometimes overwhelming.
But you are not on your own. At HTH Accountants we want to take that journey with you. We can offer advice, recommend other professional experts, help you plan for the future and help you get through the here-and- now with your cash flow and all your business questions and concerns.
- Do you have Income Protection?
- Look after your physical and mental health
- Prepare Annual Budgets and Forecasts
- Prepare accounts every month
- Review Annual Budget vs Actual Quarterly Accounts
- Have separate bank account for business and personal finance
- Set up a Pension
- Do you have 3 months savings for a rainy day?
- Do you have Insurance?
- Do you have serious illness cover?
- Review the Sole Trader vs Limited Company structure regularly to see what works best for your business
- Ensure you have excellent advice on all of your tax affairs
- Does your business have a Will?
- Make sure you are keeping your business records for 6 years minimum.
You are not on your own – we are right there with you!
To get your copy of our Financial Health Check, enter your name and email address below, and we'll send you a download link.